JEFFREY BROWN: And finally tonight: the made-for-TV story of 16 lottery winners in New Jersey. They call themselves Ocean's 16, a play on the movie title, for the Ocean County employees who hit it big last week, winning one-third of a $448 million Po

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈娱乐系列

49 深海水流正逐渐减少 DATE=7-25-01 TITLE=SCIENCE REPORT - Reduction in Deep Sea Current BYLINE=Caty Weaver (Start at 59

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(154) / 评论(0) 分类 自然探索

US Nuclear-Powered Submarine Runs Aground An accident has occurred on one of the U.S. Navy's nuclear powered attack submarines in the Pacific Ocean. The Navy says the sub, for reasons not yet known, h

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--国政军事聚焦

As the years passed, the American people began to follow Daniel Boone and other brave pioneers westward across the mountains. 随着时间的推移,美国人开始追寻丹尼尔布恩等其它勇敢拓荒者的脚步,向西边的群山进发。

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材6

You're the lighthouse in my ocean It's so far from me. When every time you beam your light, you free me. I believe, if we think like a mountain, our love never dies. If the wave is high enough in the ocean, we never turn to light. We are the spirit o

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

听歌学英语:《修女也疯狂》插曲I Will Follow Him 《I Will Follow Him》(一路随他)原本是一首法语歌,曾在1963年4月连续三周荣获打榜冠军,Petula Clark曾以《Chariot》的曲名录制过,Arthur Altman和Norma

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

过去,曾有许多飞机和船只驶入百慕大三角地区后便神秘失踪,原因众说纷纭未有定论。最近,有科学家提出新理论,认为该区上空形成六边形的怪云,是令飞机和船只失事失踪的元凶。 Res

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

A strong 6.4-magnitude earthquake jolted northeastern Japan early Sunday in the same region that was devastated by a massive 9.0 earthquake and ensuing tsunami earlier this year. The U.S. Geological Survey says the quake was centered in the Pacific O

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

听歌学英语:A Perfect Indian(Sinead O'Connor) Sinead O'Connor出生在都柏林一个传统的天主教家庭,她小时候曾是唱诗班成员,十九岁就开始了歌手生涯。1987年出道时,唱片公司想要把她包装成娇俏可爱

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

The twilight zone refers to the area between 100 and 1000 metres deep where a small amount of sunlight can still penetrate. The region is packed with ocean life that plays a key role in keeping atmospheric carbon-dioxide levels 30-percent lower than

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

经典歌曲-我的爱人走了My Lovers Gone 蒂朵 My lover's gone 歌手:Dido My lover's gone his boots no longer by my door he left at dawn and as I slept I felt him go Returns no more I will not watch the ocean My lover's gone no earthly ships

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲

1. 9/11 mastermind Khalid Shaikh Mohammed and four alleged co-conspirators are being referred to the system of military commissions for trial. The decision by the Obama administration is an about-face from earlier plans to have the five go on trial i

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(四月)

Step by Step 3000. Book Two. Unit 9. News (1). Disasters. Part 1. Warming up. A. Keywords. earthquake, hit, killed, estimated, Richter Scale, shaken, measuring, struck, epicentered, magnitude. Vocabulary. Richter Scale, massive, epicenter, magnitude,

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 Step by Step 3000 第二册

They have been found living in boiling mud pots and lakes of caustic soda, deep inside rocks, at the bottom of the sea, 我们还发现细菌生活在沸腾的泥潭里和烧碱池里,岩石深处,大海底部, in hidden pools of icy water in t

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

PERTH, Australia/KUALA LUMPUR, April 6 (Xinhua) -- Chinese and Australian ships have picked up acoustic signals while searching for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 in the southern Indian Ocean. The underwater detection represents an important

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(256) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

This may come, this may come as some surprise But I miss you I could see through all of your lies And still I miss you He takes her love, but it doesn't feel like mine He tastes her kiss, her kisses are not wine, they're not mine He takes, but surely

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

Now, as we pull down here, we still have a whole set of creatures living on the surface of the planet. 现在当我摧毁这里的时候,在这个星球上其实还居住着一系列的生物, There are all these different dynamics going on here.

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

A very little of this had been known for some time. People laying ocean-floor cables in the nineteenth century had realized that there was some kind of mountainous intrusion in the mid-Atlantic from the way the cables ran, but the continuous nature a

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

The Salinity of Ocean Waters If the salinity of ocean waters is analyzed, it is found to vary only slightly from place to place. Nevertheless, some of these small changes are important. There are three basic processes that cause a change in oceanic s

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

All of these lines across my face Tell you the story of who I am So many stories of where I've been And how I got to where I am Ohh but these stories don't mean anything You've got no one to tell them to it's true I was made for you I climbed across

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅